Oriental rugs are highly valuable. They are often passed down from generation to generation as heirlooms worth thousands of dollars. This is why cleaning an oriental rug is no easy task. You may be unsure what cleaners are safe for oriental rugs and what tools or machines can be used.
When it comes to valuable rugs, your safest bet is to hire a professional carpet cleaning service. The expertise of experienced carpet cleaners will ensure your rugs are cleaned effectively without damage.
How much does oriental rug cleaning cost in Orange County, New York? Here’s what you can expect to pay.
Average Cost of Oriental Rug Cleaning
On average, oriental rug cleaning typically costs anywhere from $3-$8 per square foot. The actual cost will vary depending on a variety of factors.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Oriental Rug Cleaning
The actual cost to have your oriental rug cleaned will depend on the following factors:
- Size of your rug. Since pricing is most often calculated per square foot, the size of your rug will be a big factor in determining the cost of cleaning. The amount of cleaner required, the machinery needed, and the time it will take to clean a rug all increase with the size of the rug.
- Type of rug. The type of rug you have will determine how it needs to be cleaned, which will be a factor in the cost. The more valuable your rug, the higher the cost of cleaning because delicate fabrics will need specific types of cleaner and equipment.
- Size and type of stains. If your rug has stains that need to be removed, the size and type of stain will affect the cost of cleaning. Stains require extra time and cleaner to effectively remove, especially pet stains. The more stains there are and the more stubborn they are to remove, the higher your carpet cleaning cost will be.
- Amount of foot traffic your rug sustains. The location of the rug in your home in regards to foot traffic will affect the extent of cleaning it needs and how often it needs to be cleaned, which in turn affects the cost of cleaning.
- Deodorizing. If your rug needs to be deodorized in addition to cleaning, the additional process comes at an additional cost. Pet stains often need special attention to get the odor out and to keep your pets from repeatedly going in the same place.
- Where you live. Your geographic location will affect the cost of living in your area, which is reflected in the cost of a variety of services, including carpet cleaning. Where you live in relation to the carpet cleaning service you hire could also affect the cost because of mileage.
- Furniture moving. If you have a lot of furniture that will need to be moved off the carpet for cleaning and put back in place afterwards, it could raise the cost of your carpet cleaning estimate.
First Class Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning is Affordable
If you’re looking for affordable carpet cleaning for your oriental rugs, First Class Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning provides quality results at a reasonable price. We have experience cleaning oriental rugs of all types, styles, and materials without damaging your delicate, valuable heirlooms. Trust your area rugs to us and we can make them look like new.
Call 845-224-5651 or contact us today to learn more and schedule a free estimate.