Do you have upholstered furniture that is in need of cleaning? Upholstery, while it adds comfort to hard furniture, is unfortunately capable of attracting stains. Stained upholstery can make an otherwise valuable piece of furniture seem less attractive.
Before you discard, reupholster, donate, or sell a stained piece of furniture for less than it’s worth, consider professional upholstery cleaning. With the right cleaners, equipment, and expertise, your furniture can be restored to like-new condition.
How much does upholstery cleaning cost in Orange County, New York? Is it worth paying to have an old piece of furniture cleaned? Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of Professional Upholstery Cleaning
The cost of upholstery cleaning varies based on a variety of factors. On average, the cost of cleaning an upholstered armchair would be between $60 and $100. A couch may be somewhere between $100 and $300. Where the actual cost estimate falls within the average range depends on the situation.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Upholstery Cleaning
The following factors may influence the cost of professional upholstery cleaning services:
- Size of the furniture. Upholstery cleaning is sometimes priced by the size of the furniture and the amount of material that needs to be cleaned. A chair will cost less to have cleaned than a loveseat or couch because there is less material. A large sectional couch may cost more than a standard sofa.
- Type of material. The type of material the upholstery is made of may also affect the cost. Suede, leather, silk, and other high quality materials may cost more to clean than cotton, wool, and polyester.
- Age of the furniture. The age of the furniture may also be a factor in the cost of cleaning the upholstery. An antique piece may cost more to clean than a newer item because it is worth more and can’t easily be replaced.
- Extent of the stains. The number of stains as well as the type of stains on your upholstery may also affect the cost. Removing one small stain will cost less than cleaning upholstery on an entire piece of furniture that is dirty or discolored. Pet stains and odors may cost more because they are more difficult to remove.
- Where you live. Your location may have an impact on the cost of upholstery cleaning services. Larger cities and densely populated areas tend to have a higher cost of living, which can increase the cost of services in general. The distance that you live from the cleaning service can also play a part, as well how easily accessible your home is.
Is Upholstery Cleaning Worth the Cost?
If you’re considering the cost of upholstery cleaning and whether or not it seems worth it, here are some things to consider. How badly does the furniture need to be cleaned? If you’re unable to use it because the stains or odors are so severe, then having it professionally cleaned will cost less than replacing it with something new. You may find it difficult to sell furniture that is stained, and if you do manage to find a buyer you will certainly get less for the piece due to the condition. Paying for upholstery cleaning is worth the cost if you’re planning to continue using the furniture or if you intend to sell it.
First Class Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is Affordable
Don’t donate or discard your stained furniture before getting an estimate from First Class Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. We provide professional upholstery cleaning services that are affordable and effective. The cleaning supplies we use are gentle on delicate fabrics and antiques. Our experience includes a wide variety of upholstery materials and furniture types.