Carpets are magnets for all sorts of things from dirt and dust to pet accidents. Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning works for a while, but eventually a full carpet cleaning is in order. Whether you’re a homeowner or a business owner, professional carpet cleaning makes it easy to refresh your carpets and have them looking like new.
How often do carpets need to be professionally cleaned? It depends on a variety of factors. Here’s what to take into consideration when choosing a carpet cleaning schedule.
Average Schedule for Carpet Cleaning
Factors to Consider For Residential Carpet Cleaning Frequency
When it comes to determining how often to have the carpets cleaned in your home, the following factors should be considered:
- Amount of traffic. If there’s a lot of movement over your carpets, such as if they are in the main living areas of your house, or near exterior doors, they may get dirty more quickly.
- Size of your family. The number of people living in your household will affect the level of soil the carpets receive.
- Number of pets. If you have pets, it goes without saying that your carpets will become dirty or stained more frequently.
- Color of your carpet. Lighter colored carpets may need to be cleaned more frequently than darker carpets because they show more dirt.
- Carpet Material. Some materials need more frequent cleaning than others.
- Are shoes worn in the home? Whether or not your family members wear their shoes inside will affect the amount of dirt your carpets accumulate.
Factors to Consider For Commercial Carpet Cleaning Frequency
For commercial carpet cleaning, there are some similar factors and some different factors to consider:
- Amount of traffic. Commercial buildings tend to get more foot traffic than homes, as many patrons and employees will move in and out throughout the day.
- Type of business. The type of business will affect the level of soil the carpets receive. For example, restaurants serving food and beverages may need more frequent carpet cleaning.
- Color of the carpet. The lighter the carpet color, the more frequent cleaning will be required to keep carpets looking clean.
- Carpet material. The type of material may also affect the frequency of commercial carpet cleaning.
Benefits of Professional Carpet Cleaning
Why have your carpets professionally cleaned? Consider the following benefits:
- Make a positive impression. Whether you’re hosting a get-together in your home, or you’re running a business, clean carpets make a good impression on your guests or your customers/clients/partners, etc.
- Reduce allergens. Carpets trap all sorts of allergens from dust mites to pet dander. Frequent professional carpet cleaning removes these allergens using moisture and cleaners that won’t release allergens into the air as a vacuum can do.
- Help your carpets last longer. The more frequently you clean your carpets, the longer they will last. Stains should be removed as soon as possible for best results.
Why Choose First Class Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning?
Don’t trust your carpets to just anyone, especially not a rented carpet shampooing machine. If you want your carpets to be cleaned safely and effectively without damage, trust the professionals at First Class Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. We have experience with carpets of all types, even fine rugs such as persian and oriental, and delicate materials like silk. Your carpets and rugs can look new again and stay in good condition with regular carpet cleaning services.
Call 845-224-5651 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.