Commercial buildings often have carpeted floors. Carpet provides comfort, acoustics, and style to your office or store. Although they are designed to be durable, commercial carpets receive a lot of foot traffic that can result in stains. Frequent vacuuming and spot cleaning may not be enough to handle deep, set in stains. You’ll need periodic professional carpet cleaning services to restore the condition of your carpeted floors.
How often should you have your commercial carpets cleaned? Here’s what experts recommend.
Factors Affecting the Frequency of Commercial Carpet Cleaning
How often you clean your commercial carpets will depend on a variety of factors:
- Type of carpet. Commercial grade carpets are designed to withstand a lot of dirt and mess without showing any signs of wear and tear. The type of carpet you have in your facility will determine how often it needs to be cleaned.
- Amount and type of traffic. The amount and type of traffic your commercial carpets are subjected to will determine the frequency of cleaning. If there is a lot of outdoor traffic coming in and a high volume of people moving over the carpet in general, it will need to be cleaned frequently.
- Carpet color. Darker colored carpets won’t show dirt and stains as quickly as lighter colored carpets so they won’t need as much cleaning.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning Schedules by Type
The type of building and how it is used will be the biggest factor in how often the carpet will need to be cleaned. Here are some common types of commercial facilities and the recommendation for carpet cleaning schedules:
- Churches. Most churches with carpeted areas will need to have them professionally cleaned once a year. This may differ if the church is used for preschool or daycare.
- Offices. A typical office may need carpet cleaning every 6 months to a year.
- Schools and daycare centers. Schools and daycare centers may need carpet cleaning every 3-6 months depending on the type of carpet and school hours.
- Retail stores. Stores with carpeted floors will likely need cleaning every 3-6 months unless there is a product spill or other cause for more frequent cleaning.
- Restaurants and bars. Carpets in restaurants and bars see frequent spills and food debris, meaning carpets should be cleaned quarterly at the very least.
- Healthcare facilities and nursing homes. Due to recent mandates for preventing the spread of infectious diseases, healthcare facilities and nursing homes with carpeted floors need to have them cleaned more frequently than before. Once or twice a month may be best, especially for high traffic areas.
These recommendations are based on typical businesses of these types, but you should set your carpet cleaning schedule based on your building’s specific needs.
Benefits of Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Frequent commercial carpet cleaning offers many benefits:
- Minimizes the spread of bacteria and viruses. Germs like bacteria and viruses travel into buildings on people’s shoes and are spread around on carpets as people move around. Frequent carpet cleaning minimizes the spread of contagious illnesses.
- Reduces allergens. Carpet cleaning removes dust mites, pollen, and other allergens that can attach to carpets.
- Prevents mold growth. When moisture seeps into carpets they can grow mold, which can cause severe respiratory illness. Frequent carpet cleaning prevents mold growth.
- Removes stains. Stains naturally develop on carpeted floors from foot traffic and spills. Professional carpet cleaning can remove tough stains from carpets.
- Extends the life of your carpets. Frequent cleaning helps your carpets last longer, protecting them from stains and typical wear and tear.
Where Can I Find Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services?
If your carpets are looking stained and dingy, First Class Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is equipped to handle commercial carpet cleaning. We have experience with all types of commercial carpets, providing stain removal and deep cleaning that restores the beauty of your carpeted areas. Our cleaners and equipment are gentle on delicate carpets and tough on durable carpets, preventing damage and restoring them to like-new condition.
Call 845-224-5651 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.